Monday, August 13, 2007

My Life Movie Soundtrack

Here's an interesting lil' tag, fresh from Ee Lyn's blog. (You better pay me for free credit mention, gal!)

How it works:

1. Open your music library
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button

Hahaha...simply irresistible!

* For convenience's sake, only English and Malay songs will be considered. Crazy Frog songs are another story altogether.

Roll the tape, monkeys!

Opener Theme:
20th Century Fox theme

DUM DUM...DUM DUM...DA DA DA...DA DA DA, DA DA DA...YADDA YADDA...

Falling in love:
Sephia - Sheila On 7

Hey, Sephia
Malam ini ku takkan datang
Mencoba 'tuk berpaling sayang
Dari cintamu

Hey, Sephia
Malam ini ku takkan pulang
Tak usah kau mencari aku, demi cintamu
Hadapilah ini
Kisah kita takkan abadi

S'lamat tidur kekasih gelap ku (ooo.....Sephia)
S'moga cepat kau lupakan aku
Kekasih sejatimu takkan pernah sanggup untuk melupakanmu

I once knew a friend who had a maid called Sepia...

Sex Scene:

JENG JENG JENG~!

Murder On The Dancefloor - Sophie Ellis Bexter

It's murder on the dancefloor
But you better not kill the groove Dj,
gonna burn this g*ddamn house right down

Oh, I know I know I know I know I know I know
About your kind
And so and so and so and so and so and so
I'll have to play

If you think you're getting away
I will prove you wrong
I'll take you all the way
Boy, just come along
Hear me when I say
Hey

It's murder on the dancefloor
But you better not kill the groove
Hey, hey
It's murder on the dancefloor
But you better not steal the moves
Dj, gonna burn this g*ddamn house right down

Erm...so am I the one murdering, or getting murdered? And what's this DJ guy doing on my bed?

Breaking Up:
Butterfly - Crazytown

Come my lady
Come come my lady
you're my butterfly
Sugar, baby

Come my lady you're my
pretty baby I'll make your legs shake
you make me go crazy

Eh...I got sound so desperate meh...

Life's OK:
Don't Cry Out Loud - Diana DeGarmo (from American Idol 3, yes I do have weird songs in my list)

Baby cried the day the circus came to town
'cause she didn't want parades just passin' by her
So she painted on a smile and took up with some clown
While she danced without a net upon the wire

I know a lot about 'er 'cause, you see
Baby is an awful lot like me

Don't cry out loud
Just keep it inside, learn how to hide your feelings
Fly high and proud
And if you should fall, remember you almost had it all

Not the uppity-est of songs, but I love it! =)

Mental Breakdown:
God's Will - Martina McBride

I've been searchin', wonderin', thinkin'
Lost and lookin' all my life
I've been wounded, jaded, loved and hated
I've wrestled wrong and right

He was a boy without a father
And his mother's miracle
I've been readin', writin', prayin', fightin'
I guess I would be still
Yeah, that was untilI knew God's Will

And I was afraid Sean Kingston would drive me nuts...

Driving:

*Just for laughs* At this point 'Sei Xing Bat Goi' by Twins plays. At one point in the song they go:

"Why must like that?"
"Why cannot like that?"
"Don't you feel it's agonising?"
"Agonising...but I like."
"Forget it lah."

Of course, it's in Cantonese. If you've heard the song, you'll prolly be laughing your head off.

*Just for laughs 2* The Star Wars opening theme plays. I kid you not.


The Blower's Daughter - Damien Rice

I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes...

Keep your eyes on the road when driving? One of my favourite songs, neway.

Final Battle:
Truly Madly Deepy - Savage Garden

I'll be your dream
I'll be your wish
I'll be your fantasy.

I'll be your hope
I'll be your love
Be everything that you need.

I love you more with every breath
Truly madly deeply do..

I will be strong I will be faithful
'Cos I'm counting on a new beginning.
A reason for living.
A deeper meaning.

I want to stand with you on a mountain.
I want to bathe with you in the sea.
I want to lay like this forever.
Until the sky falls down on me...

It's weird, but I picture a slow-mo battle in a lush green field which ends up with me getting stabbed through the heart. No kidding, try listening to the song.

Death Scene:

Ahahahahahaha.

Presenting...Canon in D by the Vienna Boys Choir~!

Though it's technically not an English or Malay song, the appropriateness brings a tear to my eye. Pass!


Funeral Scene:
She Believes In Me - Jon Peter Lewis (some other American Idol 3 dude)

And she believes in me, Ill never know just what she sees in me
I told her someday if she was my girl,
I could change the world
With my little songs, I was wrong

But she has faith in me, and so I go on trying faithfully
And who knows maybe on some special night, if my song is right
I will find a way, find a way...

Die until so cham??!

End Credits:
You And I Both - Jason Mraz

Was it you who spoke the words that things would happen but not to me
Oh things are gonna happen naturally
Oh taking your advice I'm looking on the bright side
And balancing the whole thing
But often times those words get tangled up in lines
And the bright lights turn to night
Until the dawn it brings
Another day to sing about the magic that was you and me

Cause you and I both loved
What you and I spoke of
And others just read of
Others only read of the love, the love that I love.

Cause you and I both loved what you and I spoke of
and others just read of and if you could see now
well I'm almost finally out of.
I'm finally out of, finally, deedeeededede
well I'm almost finally, finally, finally out of words.

~THE END~

ENCORE, ENCORE!
What a life, huh? =p

* Feel free to tag yourself...this tag comes HIGHLY RECOMMENDED from me, the tag-hater! Thanks Ee Lyn!

No comments: